Although most catering, transportation, cleaning and administrative work is organised through Sedbergh School, we do invite enthusiastic and professional applicants for a variety of exciting opportunities.
• Work together with matrons to ensure that all students in your boarding house feel safe, comfortable and at home during their stay.
• Develop and maintain routines within your house, and follow all safety protocols such as fire drills.
• Build rapport with the students and become the first point of call for any problems within the house.
• Help plan and deliver exciting and fun afternoon and evening activities which will help the students make friends, laugh and unwind after a busy day in the classroom.
• Supervise weekly local excursions to adventure activities such as Treektop Trek and paddle boarding.
• Provide entertainment at discos, quizzes and other fun events – karaoke is not essential, but encouraged!
• Plan and deliver engaging, interactive and communicative lessons, with the help of a specially-designed curriculum.
• Supervise weekly city excursions to four exciting locations, and enjoy free entry to any attractions visited.
• You will need a recognised TEFL qualification. Knowledge or experience of teaching young learners or mixed nationalities, especially on summer courses, would be an advantage.
All staff must agree to an enhanced DBS check and the certificate must be granted before the course commences.
If you are interested in joining us in 2019 or for more information, get in touch with us.
We love to welcome back previous Sedbergh staff! Apply now and enjoy our loyalty bonus scheme for returning staff.